MILK

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
I stopped cereals so I have only been having milk in tea and coffee, when I realised to my horror my daily intake of carbs from the milk in my tea and coffee was 35 carbs I am now only having my tea and coffee black with 1 sweetener so are then any other shocks I should look out for? And any suggestions, advice, or links would be appreciated. Thanks

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya,

I found milk was shooting my levels up so I've started having the Lactofree brand which is available in most supermarkets. I can't tell the difference :)

S

Reactions: 3 people

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I stopped cereals so I have only been having milk in tea and coffee, when I realised to my horror my daily intake of carbs from the milk in my tea and coffee was 35 carbs I am now only having my tea and coffee black with 1 sweetener so are then any other shocks I should look out for? And any suggestions, advice, or links would be appreciated. Thanks

I noticed this too yesterday...I've been avoiding milk in the month I've been doing LCHF and using cream instead...but last night I had a sudden urge for a glass of milk so treated myself...it wasn't a massive glass but I was shocked to see blood sugar spike at 16.9 about an hour after...I won't be doing that again...might look out for lactofree milk...cream not so good in tea

Reactions: 3 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a newbie but soon learnt that cream in tea was no good:spitoutdummy: i then descovered that full fat had lower carbs than the rest, shortly followed by being advised by a kind member here about the Arla Lactofree brand which again slashed the carbs by half. That is what I have been using, it tastes the same, but thanks for reminding me to check how many cups i am having a day!

Reactions: 2 people