Carbs

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
i was diagnosed on Wednesday this week and I increased dog walking to an hour and half immediately each day , I also ditched the carbs and in the morning had a big avocado, lunch chicken and nuts and in the evening salmon, broccoli. My initial test on Wednesday was 16.3 then on Thursday morning 11.8, Thursday night 8.3, this morning 6.3 and this evening 5.3. On metamorfin 500g and glicazide , is the not eating carbs ok?

Reactions: 9 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @Rog
You are correct, eating carbs, is the cause of your average blood glucose levels being higher than normal.
If you continue to reduce the carbs, then you will see a big difference.
You may want to test before and after 2 hours after first bite, you will get more idea then, what food does to you.
I've tagged @daisy1 to give you the newcomers information.

Welcome to the forum.

Keep posting and asking questions.

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i was diagnosed on Wednesday this week and I increased dog walking to an hour and half immediately each day , I also ditched the carbs and in the morning had a big avocado, lunch chicken and nuts and in the evening salmon, broccoli. My initial test on Wednesday was 16.3 then on Thursday morning 11.8, Thursday night 8.3, this morning 6.3 and this evening 5.3. On metamorfin 500g and glicazide , is the not eating carbs ok?
You're doing great Rog :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi @Rog
You are correct, eating carbs, is the cause of your average blood glucose levels being higher than normal.
If you continue to reduce the carbs, then you will see a big difference.
You may want to test before and after 2 hours after first bite, you will get more idea then, what food does to you.
I've tagged @daisy1 to give you the newcomers information.

Welcome to the forum.

Keep posting and asking questions.

@Rog

Hi Rog - the info nosher refers to was posted on your other thread. Hope it's useful.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hi and welcome .
You are doing great,keep it up and you will soon be much better.
Just to say this isnt a way of eating for a few weeks its for life,but its good and I dont realy miss anything.
All the best

Reactions: 2 people