Slimming world

jdw26

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ive joined slimming world ,i lost 2.7stone on my own ,but I could feel myself going back to bad habits. I got my blood sugars down from 70 to 50 after going on victoza in 5mths ,so i didnt want the weight to come back. Do you think ive made the right decision .

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can get it to work for you but you need to control the carbs as potatoes, pasta, etc is "free" on slimming world so you could potentially go overboard on carbs. They do have an original plan which would be better for your blood sugars though.

Speak to your consultant and ask her for the original plan details or red as some people prefer to call it. Also beware of all the fruit you can eat as well. Don't want to be negative but the so called sugar free yogurts, e.g. mullerlight are very high in sugar so you need to be careful and check labels.

good luck with it though, all you can do is try it and see if works for you.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive joined slimming world ,i lost 2.7stone on my own ,but I could feel myself going back to bad habits. I got my blood sugars down from 70 to 50 after going on victoza in 5mths ,so i didnt want the weight to come back. Do you think ive made the right decision .

I've never used Slimming World or any other weight loss group, so can't advise you on whether a particular group/system could be beneficial, but I guess I'm wondering exactly what it is you are looking for from the group. I appreciate it could be the camaraderie, dietary guidelines, regular weigh in or any number of other factors.

If you are looking for a regular weigh in slot, could you achieve something similar by starting a thread on here and publishing your weight loss/gain; thereby saving your club fee?

As I understand it, most groups have eating plans, and they may not necessarily help control your blood sugars, irrespective of your weight situation. I also know some people have been referred to WeightWatchers or Slimming World by their GP, and therefore the financial impacts don't bite.

Are you considering you will use SW forever, or just to re-establish eating patterns or weight loss?