Thank you

bikerbrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I would like to thank everyone on this site for all the help I have been given over the last few weeks. I have learned more from DBUK than anywhere else. I have been type 2 for around 10 years now and after struggling with weight and sugar levels, I am at last getting them under control! I started on LCHF diet at the end of April when my levels were over 8/9 all the time and my weight was 15/16 stone, my levels are now between 5/7 with morning fasting ones around7.5, and my weight is now under 15 stone. I am having my six monthly blood test on Monday and am feeling very positive about it. So once again many thanks to all. I'll post my test results when I get them.

Reactions: 12 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I would like to thank everyone on this site for all the help I have been given over the last few weeks. I have learned more from DBUK than anywhere else. I have been type 2 for around 10 years now and after struggling with weight and sugar levels, I am at last getting them under control! I started on LCHF diet at the end of April when my levels were over 8/9 all the time and my weight was 15/16 stone, my levels are now between 5/7 with morning fasting ones around7.5, and my weight is now under 15 stone. I am having my six monthly blood test on Monday and am feeling very positive about it. So once again many thanks to all. I'll post my test results when I get them.
Sounds like you are doing a good job there Brian...keep up the good work and good luck with your tests :) This site is brilliant for help and support...always someone here to help :D

Reactions: 2 people

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much

well sounds like you on the right track and keep it up , i know it can be hard sometimes

G

graj0

I started on LCHF diet at the end of April when my levels were over 8/9 all the time and my weight was 15/16 stone, my levels are now between 5/7 with morning fasting ones around7.5, and my weight is now under 15 stone. I am having my six monthly blood test on Monday and am feeling very positive about it.

That's absolutely brilliant, it's the sort of results that keep us going, well done.
Don't forget that the HbA1c reflects your BG for the last 8 - 12 weeks, it might be an idea to have another in 2 months although I doubt that many GPs/DNs would go along with another, some might, especially if you explain what you've been doing. My GP always acts surprised because she can't understand that because I do not do what NICE say you must do, I get such brilliant results. She'll learn one day.
Also don't forget morning BG may be affected by liver dumping glucose into the blood stream, mine's been as high as 12 in the morning, having not eaten for 12 hours.
Keep up the good work

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
G

Great results, keep up the good work.