Treatment type
Insulin
Hi any body using the accu chek mobile blood meter and how do you rate it

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use it as my spare. I can't afford the cassettes to use it as my daily one (Type 2, self funding). I like it for convenience, I like not having to handle the strips. I use the Codefree as a general rule, but find when I cross check some readings the Accu Chek reads lower than the Codefree.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using it for a few years now. It's really handy because theirs no hassle of having to deal with strips and the machine is great. The cassettes are expensive though!

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the info I will change my proscription see if I get them or not from the doctors

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I have used it for the last four years. I like the size of it, there are no fiddly bits. I love the cassette idea, just throw it away when finished.

medtheveg

I use the mobile and it is a brilliant meter. I'm T1 so I get the cassettes on prescription. It has a good memory with average readings and you can tag your results as before or after meal so you can check those averages as well. It holds 50 tests which is very handy as well. There is also software that you have to buy to further interrogate your results, if your that type! All in all it is a very handy and user-friendly meter.

Reactions: 2 people

JustinH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I love the idea of the meter... but for the last few months I have been having about 10% of tests appearing as errors. I presume that's some sort of bad batch as I never had it like this in the past. So I'm changing it up and trying something different for a while.

jgordon5

I use it as my spare too. I quite like it but it's a bit slow, which I guess doesn't matter. The thing that does matter to me is that in the mid to low blood sugar readings it always reads higher than my one touch. I'm pretty sure my one touch is accurate from the way I feel on low readings so I don't think I would switch full time to accu-chek mobile.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I use it as my spare too. I quite like it but it's a bit slow, which I guess doesn't matter. The thing that does matter to me is that in the mid to low blood sugar readings it always reads higher than my one touch. I'm pretty sure my one touch is accurate from the way I feel on low readings so I don't think I would switch full time to accu-chek mobile.

If you are not sure if accurate, just ask accu check to send you some control solution, it is free. That will tell you if you can trust it or not.

ginny s

Been using the accuchek mobile for a couple of years now. Love it and would never go back to strips. Am type 1 so get the cassettes free.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
been using it for years and like not having to insert the fiddly strips

jgordon5

If you are not sure if accurate, just ask accu check to send you some control solution, it is free. That will tell you if you can trust it or not.
I guess it's what you get used to and you feel most accurately reflects your physical state. I've used the control solution and it's within prescribed parameters but still when it gives me a 4, I'm feeling pretty hypo and checking against one touch or freestyle neo, the mobile gives a higher reading. No idea why! The one touch verio gives higher readings too. I guess I would get used to it but at present I'll stick to one touch.
Thanks very much for your suggestion though.

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all I am also type 1 so would get them on prescription and also I am on a pump and use diasend to download from my pump and it will also work with this meter to