bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello peeps,
I am a type 1 diabetic and have recently got a bit pudgy recovering from insulin misuse/Diabulimia. My question is whether Metformin is effective for weight loss in type 1's, I am not too resistant to insulin, I am taking about 12 u levemir.

Are there any success stories and is it true that Metformin reduces the appetite?
Thanks in advance :)

shabso80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I am so pleased to see your post regarding fasting during Ramadan. I have recently been diagnosed with type 1 and its been hard trying to come to terms with it, I'm not fasting however your post has given me a glimmer of hope for the future. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 people

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello, I am so pleased to see your post regarding fasting during Ramadan. I have recently been diagnosed with type 1 and its been hard trying to come to terms with it, I'm not fasting however your post has given me a glimmer of hope for the future. Good luck!
Hello shabso, yes it is amazing at how stable blood glucose levels become after fasting. It's true that in the beginning you have to be super vigilant and cautious if you are fasting in the summer, but it becomes second nature when you get into it. Please read my blog post on this: https://felicityandnourishment.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/why-i-fast/

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a T2 on metformin SR since 2007 and although it caused me rear end issues at first, it certainly is an appetite suppressant in my experience. It doesn't affect insulin levels and it won't give you hypos either. In a study which analysed patient records it may have a protective effect for breast cancer as well.

Reactions: 2 people