DOWN BUT NOT OUT

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I've been using the Insight since 24/4//15, people will know I'm not new to pumping, but my mood, attitude and feelings towards this pump and especially my diabetes have really become an issue for me I've not found the transition from my old pump as easy as I expected, in fact I've become so angry and totally fed up with being a diabetic I wasn't coping at all really.

I try and always be a cheerful chappy but I just found this impossible I felt I was out of my depth with this pump I've read the insight books over and over but just couldn't grasp certain simple things, I know I've got you guys but I just didnt want to trouble others.

Anyway I rang my DSN and explained this and said I was really finding things tough, she asked if I could get to them which I couldn't as I can't drive anymore and the clinic is too far away, so she came to me, I've never had to have anyone come out like this before but she explained so much about the insight and how to use it, a lot of it has become so much simpler which I'm more than happy with now.

It's been really good having it put into basics I also explained my dislike of being type 1 for so long etc and this has helped, so I'm starting to get back some control of things again hopefully, just feel a bit guilty of having to have someone out like this.

Reactions: 6 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Firstly so sorry you feel as you do, oh wow though on the response of your team. Things do seem so much better when you can talk to someone and be shown with hands on experience.
Please what ever you do though don't feel guilty or worried about asking other forum members questions and advice. We are all in this together. ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Echo what @CarbsRok has said about asking for help and support from the forum members, but that is fantastic support from your DSN and I'm sure they were more than happy to come out and see you @masonbason63, best wishes.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So sorry to hear of your problems,but you needed help, guidance and support. Type 1, well, it ain't easy sometimes, but please don't feel guilty, you did the sensible thing, seeking help. Good luck and I hope you continue to go from strength to strength, take care.

RRB x

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Totally agree with you CarbsRok I've felt like it was just all getting the better of me a bit I must admit I'm not as pleased with the insight as I thought I'd be, not that it's a cleaver piece of kit once you know what your doing but I'm only partially sighted and was told they could get virtually blind people operating it but I can't see how I know I really struggle wth the handset, but I feel the cost of this pump is what £2500 and the iPhone version 5 c is about a fifth of the price and is so simple to use why oh why didn't Roche take onboard the latest smartphone technology, the handset is so slow really slow I end up just using it for blood test even then its frustrating

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Can you fit a magnifier on the handset? I used a small one on my pump when my close vision went due to cataracts. All is fine now that I have new bionic eyes :)

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awwww @masonbason63 - I'm sorry to see you've been so down. You're usually so up-beat and a happy-chappy. But, what a marvellous response by your support team, and more power to your elbow for highlighting it. Sometimes we can be vocal about the grumpy stuff, then just move on from the positives.

Most importantly though, I'm pleased she was able to give you some meaningful help. I know from work I have done in the past with user technology, that there are often very different problems when changing device than when learning about the first device ever. Sometimes it's an expectation that the core will be the same as always, with just a few extra bells and whistles, and unfortunately that's not what you're finding.

I'm sure you'll find a way of making your new pump work for you, but it sounds like a bit more support from your team could pay dividends.

Well done on turning the corner. :)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well the things I learnt from my DSN certainly have improved things for my control as it use to be even though it might be in slooooww motion I think I will email Roche even if it's only to put ouer my observations