ND day 13 - cheese on toast and stolen testing kit!

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All in all day 13 of my ND journey was not the best. We took my little one to the park and called at the cafe. I just had a cup of tea as I'd already had breakfast but because I hadn't been drinking enough water over the last couple of days, I was hungry and half a slice of cheese on toast that my son didn't eat sort of fell into my mouth! I was kicking myself after but I have say it tasted amazing! I managed to guesstimate the calories though and took them out of my 800 for the day; I did mean I was pretty hungry in the evening though!

I used my testing kit at the park for my post breakfast reading and when I got home I discovered my testing kit was missing. I retraced my steps but couldn't find it. Pretty sure that it had been in the basket of my son's pushchair so some git must have taken it when it was parked up outside the railings. I assume they thought it was a purse so swiped it. Bet they were disappointed! I hadn't had chance to input my results to Excel for the last few days so don't have a complete record of blood sugars for my ND journey. Very annoying! I also don't have spare kit. Grrrrr

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How frustrating!
And I bet it is languishing in a nearby bin, discarded by the thief. They will have opened it, realised it was worthless to them, and dumped it immediately.

What a pain.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Argh that's so annoying, I once had my bag stolen and found my insulin pens and bg kit down the road on the floor, damaged from being thrown as they obviously weren't interested in them! :mad:

I now need some cheese on toast lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@PerfectStorm, check with your local Police, someone may have found your testing kit and handed it in.