Really pleased for my husband!

Jo123

My husband had a blood test recently and had a fasting bg level of 6.3, looking back his previous test 6 months ago was 5.9 so obviously on the road to diabetes.
Well he has been low carbing and slimming, actually he has a bmi within normal limits but he was carrying a bit of excess weight on his stomach, Anyway he has lost 7kgs and his fasting this morning was drumroll..... 5! It has been quite interesting as one night he cheated and his fasting was 7.4 which was a bit of a wake up call. He could still lose a few more kilos to slim his stomach down and then he will start testing on what he eats. At the moment he is just low carbing and cutting down the calories but only testing first thing due to the cost of strips.

Reactions: 14 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news Jo, you must feel so relieved that he's getting control of his sugars! What meter is he using? The SD Codefree has the cheapest strips by far ;)

Jo123

Thank you for your positive comments, he is doing well! He is using an Accucheck Aviva at the moment as that is what I use.
However I am looking at the Codefree and it is a lot cheaper, I will buy once we have used up our existing strips.