Gliclazide

vancouver

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
I was recently diagnosed with Type 2. Took Metformin which did not agree with my digestive system. Now on Gliclazide. BG is normal 90% of time just after 3 weeks of being one 1 tab/day. Problem is my moods are all over the place. One minute I burst into tears for no apparent reason, next I am angry as %$#@ and don't know why... I wasn't like this 3 weeks ago and can only put it down to the new meds. I did check reactions/side affects and it states .06% chance of mood swings. Has/does anyone on this site experienced mood swings while taking this med? Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Ta

chillijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
lots!
Diagnosed in May this year I take Gliclazide and haven't noticed any real side effects, sorry, but I am only on half a tablet once a day. First check up with Doc due in a week or so.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I was on 320gm of Gliclazide and never had any problems. Most people don't seem to suffer any side effects. Were you offered Metformin SR (Slow Release)? It's much kinder on the stomach and the best tablet to counter any insulin resistance thru excess weight (you may not have any excess weight of course)

vancouver

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed in May this year I take Gliclazide and haven't noticed any real side effects, sorry, but I am only on half a tablet once a day. First check up with Doc due in a week or so.
Thank you sharing your information. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow so will follow up with him. Tke care.

Reactions: 2 people

vancouver

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I was on 320gm of Gliclazide and never had any problems. Most people don't seem to suffer any side effects. Were you offered Metformin SR (Slow Release)? It's much kinder on the stomach and the best tablet to counter any insulin resistance thru excess weight (you may not have any excess weight of course)
Thank you. No I wasn't aware of slow release Metformin. Have an appt with my doctor tomorrow so will follow up. Thank you

chillijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
lots!
Good luck at the doctors and I hope you find something more suitable.