Sorry for myself!

Didancing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diagnosed yesterday and its causing my depression to explode. I feel really bad at taking out my feelings at my OH but until I found this forum there was no other outlet.

I am a non smoker for 6 years and very rarely drink alcohol .Last drink was two years ago at the theatre.

Anyway this February I had a bad seizure that the GP said was a bad dream.The next fit resulted in me ending up in hospital.Seems a brain tumour caused the seizures so I am now on Keppra.I also take meds for my BP and cholesterol.I also have COPD and because of that I am unable to excercise

Any good news?

C

catherinecherub

Hi @Didancing,

Sorry to hear your depression is causing you problems. Are you getting treatment for it, including talking therapies?

There is a website that offers support for people with brain tumours and epilepsy.

http://www.thebraintumourcharity.or...ith-a-brain-tumour/epilepsy-and-brain-tumours

We can help with the diabetes side of things and I see you have already posted about that and had some replies.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/just-diagnosed-today-type-2.81154/

Keep asking questions, look around the forum and anything you don't understand then please ask for clarification.

You are also allowed to rant, it often helps when you are feeling frustrated, down in the dumps or ready to explode.

Reactions: 4 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I second all of above.

Didancing - gutted at your situation. Rant away.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
It's normal to feel down when you are first diagnosed with diabetes, let alone having all those other stressors as well.

Even in a bad situation there are positives though. It's good to know what's going on with your body so you can take actions to stay as healthy as possible. Not knowing you have diabetes would be worse, because you would have symptoms of it and you would be at risk of complications. At least this way you can do something about it. Once you build up some knowledge about managing diabetes it gets much easier. Before too long it will be second nature to you, and you will be helping others. Hugs.