what hobbies do you have ?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I like walking, doing jisaws, reading, puzzling and have just discovered colouring for grown ups, very intricate patterns. I think I will just have 15 mins and end up 2hours later still at it, very calming. I have just finished three Mandala and will put them in frames for my bedroom.I also like crochet but my favourite is my grandchildren

Reactions: 4 people

Janiept

Expert
I like walking, doing jisaws, reading, puzzling and have just discovered colouring for grown ups, very intricate patterns. I think I will just have 15 mins and end up 2hours later still at it, very calming. I have just finished three Mandala and will put them in frames for my bedroom.I also like crochet but my favourite is my grandchildren
Hi Poohtiggy, Do you have to follow instructions for the colouring for grown ups? I am thinking of getting one for my Mum who used to be a brilliant artist but don't know if she could follow instructions. Something that relaxes her and helps her concentrate sounds great but she's not good at anything she doesn't already know these days. What do you think?

Reactions: 2 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Poohtiggy, Do you have to follow instructions for the colouring for grown ups? I am thinking of getting one for my Mum who used to be a brilliant artist but don't know if she could follow instructions. Something that relaxes her and helps her concentrate sounds great but she's not good at anything she doesn't already know these days. What do you think?
No instructions, just get a book and colour. The best one I bought is called The Can't Sleep Colouring Book on sale in Morrisons £5 A4 size some on the internet look larger than they actually are. Good fun and addictive. There are loads of designs, flowers animals, mandalas abstracts. Don't know if you read my other post but my avatar is one of the patterns I did

Janiept

Expert
No instructions, just get a book and colour. The best one I bought is called The Can't Sleep Colouring Book on sale in Morrisons £5 A4 size some on the internet look larger than they actually are. Good fun and addictive. There are loads of designs, flowers animals, mandalas abstracts. Don't know if you read my other post but my avatar is one of the patterns I did
Ok thanks then maybe I will get her one. I forgot to mention that she has dementia so even the simplest things are hard these days but I would love to find something that helps her be calm.

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ok thanks then maybe I will get her one. I forgot to mention that she has dementia so even the simplest things are hard these days but I would love to find something that helps her be calm.
My sister has it too, she now thinks me and my sisters are friends not her sisters, it's very sad isn't it, such a cruel illness. Hope you suceed with the colouring but beware, you could get hooked on it too

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sewing
Woodcuts
Watching my garden, the birds that live in or visit it, the buzzards and heron further off, the occasional owl and fox, the seasons, growing a few berries and veg.
Swimming
Yoga

Reactions: 8 people

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Radio Dj ... Africa - swimming
baking - surfing and ninjutsu used to be my hobbies
Not any morne

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
fishing,
target shooting
photography

though haven't been doing much of any last few months

Last edited by a moderator:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just made a resolution ... I will assemble the scale model Mosquito fighter-bomber kit my elder son gave me eight year ago. At the time I couldn't paint a straight line because my hands were shaky, but I've noticed that in the last couple of years my grip has steadied up nicely. (Mind you, my balance isn't what it was.)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
My hobby is in my signature.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I make gowns, dresses and suits. I love to swim too and spent a lot of time with my pets, custard the bunny and biscuit the hamster mad I know! Also a. A big history geek

Reactions: 7 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
walking is a nice hobby which also helps to control my sugar levels at times....love the PC as spend a lot of time browsing it and playing games....not seen the adult coloring books but sounds a nice relaxing hobby, will check that out and reading well...I have many books i keep buy to read but never seem to get the time ...chuckles...when i finish work I keep saying which should be soon ;)

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I enjoy rambling, drawing, bird watching and visiting new places in my caravan

Reactions: 4 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
oh nearly forgot keep few snakes.
and started collecting lighters only got 4 but its a start

Last edited by a moderator:

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So as part of my hobbies to my mind away form D
I do a bit of radio - u can catch it in online or on phone ...
But if ur night is of the chill kind and WANNA have someone else do the music
Then come have giggle and some dam fine music
@uebeatz on @TuneIn. http://tun.in/sffOI
Or the main site with chat room - or vent room lol
http://uebeatz.wix.com/urbanessentials

So if you have any extra sugar u need to burn off come and nod Ya head stamp Ya feet- or if it grabs you - dance in the street
Tonight at 7pm lol
Selfless plug