Time of the month affecting blood level?

Kat6958

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I'm recently not long back from my holidays and my period has just started. For the past couple of days my blood sugar has been fairly low and I'm wondering if this is just because of my period?

I know that periods can affect females in different ways. But I'm not sure whether this is the reason my blood sugar has been low? Like when I got back from shopping today I had an apple because my blood level was about 5. But then I started feeling shaky after a little while and realised that it had gone down to the levels of 4?

Then I just had something else to eat and I'm still not feeling great? Like my heart feels like it's going faster and I still feel kind of shaky...

I've also had about 3 hypos so far in the space of time that I've been on my period and I'm starting to worry. Is it something I should be worried about...?

M

mammamia2006

Every woman is different on their period, you may need to adjust your insulin a couple of days before your period is due then go back to normal doses once it is finished.

becky.ford93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on the pill so that probably has an effect for me, but I've been finding my levels go low a couple days in too.