Why do i keep going low

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
whats your typical food day for you guys ?
Do have a read of the low carb forum, it's no use me giving you my daily intake because I'm very, very low carb. You don't have to be so drastic.
There is plenty of recipes and ideas there.
There is also the thread called ' what have you ate today?'
Read that also!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @sam hunter the problem is is that we are all different which is why it is important to test what you eat and see the affect that it has on you as an individual. I'm lucky in that I can eat, for example, seeded bread, breakfast cereals and other carbs such as pasta and potatoes albeit in small portions whereas another person will find that they spike quite highly on them.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It does take time for your body to adjust to the lower BS levels but I can relate to how you are feeling as it used to happen to me all the time. In the end I was taken off Metformin as just running in to grab the phone would send it down to 3.6 and left shaking like a leaf. A typical day for myself is pretty standard for me. Scrambled eggs for breakfast with coffee and cream. At lunchtime I always have a coffee with the hubby and a piece of my low carb baking and for dinner meat and veg. If I need a snack during the day it is usually peanuts or cheese.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
I tend to eat something with fats and a little bit of carbs immediately on waking , such as cheese, baby tomatos and some milk.

Mid-morning a may have a very small apple or a pear and a latte.

Brunch tends to be bacon, sausage, egg with a latte.

Evening meal could be cauliflower cheese, or salad with haddock or salmon or sausage or chops or cold meat.
Salads are dressed with olive or walnut oil and vinegar, if Balsamic vinegar I don't use quite so much because it contains some sugar.
Most salad dressings and mayonnaise are also OK

Before going to bed I always have a small amount of something such as cheese, baby tomatoes, cold meat.

If I feel like a treat during the day I often have the odd treat of peanut butter. - I find supermarket own budget brands the best.
For fibre green beans or chick peas are useful,. Small quantities of Aldi Milled Linseed with Sesame, Blueberries & Raspberries in a little milk is a good source of fibre and omega 3 and tastes great.

Sainburys Thai Green Chicken Soup in the plastic pots is low carb and tastes fantastic.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually don't eat until somewhere between ten and midday as I rarely get hungry in the morning. I usually have some bacon and a couple of eggs with a generous helping of butter then. This keeps me going until early evening and this time of year it's usually a salad with lots of olive oil and some parmesan to help the oil stick to the lettuce and whatever I fancy and have at hand, tomatoes, onions, garlic (lots of garlic!) and herbs etc. Then there is meat, fish or poultry to go with the salad. If in the mood I'll make something from an aubergine or zucchini. Tonight it's lettuce, garlic, red onion, parmesaan and parsley in the salad and a crustless cheese quiche.