feeling ill when blood are at 4.5 Type 2.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
You are all forgetting that meters have a 15 to 20% tolerance so a 4.5 on a meter could well be below 4.

Ali
Is it possible that some diabetics don't tolerate lows, especially if they have a sensitive heart? After all, the max at 7 preprandrial is acceptable.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tolerances are tighter at the low end, near hypo territory. And for most purposes you can assume meters are accurate. An error as much as 20/ is a rare event.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Meters have a tolerance, strips have a tolerance, add them both together and it is not unusual to be a good percentage different to a lab result apparently. Hey ho, strips are far from a perfect solution but in the absence of a mobile lab about the best we can do.

Ali

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
when my bloods hit 4.5 i feel shaky and sweaty and faint, is this normal
Well this sounds like you are going towards a 'hypo' and the simple way to 'turn this around' is to have a snack that will return your levels to what your normal range is.
When this happens to me, I have the snack and a cup of tea, the tea is warm and soothing, and helps get this going back to the right level, and a sit down to rest.
It is good to know that you are hypo aware,(have you done the awareness course on the site, it is very informative). and you understand how to deal with them.
Keep calm and chat with us, so ttfn from Karen.