i need to get back on track

kazzers

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not feeling healthy and in tip top condition
My daughter used to always ask me if I wanted stuff from the shop and I told her I was going to put a sign on my forehead saying "dont feed your mother" . It can be hard getting back on track, it is a constant battle thats for sure.
Could you please give me an example of a typical day's food as I am struggling with eating low carb I really miss my porridge for breakfast and have a sweet craving first thing in the morning

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A typical day for me is.
Coffee wth cream
B: scrambled eggs wth cream
S: peanuts or cheese
L: piece of LC baking, coffee wth cream
D: at least 2 cups veges with a creamy sauce and protein
If I crave sometjing sweet I have a piece of LC fudge slice.
My daughters fav for dinner is chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and cheese and wrapped in bacon and my sons fav is mince patties filled with sour cream and cheese.
I find most of my recipes on Pinterest and I am starting to build up a good little collection now and I always have LC baking in the freezer ready to grab when I feel like it. I found it useful to try one new recipe at a time as it can seem a bit overwhelming at first.

Reactions: 4 people

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sugar free jelly with loads of double cream is good for sweat cravings

Reactions: 2 people

candysweet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
BALLOONS!!!
My daughter used to always ask me if I wanted stuff from the shop and I told her I was going to put a sign on my forehead saying "dont feed your mother" . It can be hard getting back on track, it is a constant battle thats for sure.
That great! To think of you being so unwell that you were admitted to hospital, to now being in control! Congratulations, and stick with it! :)

Reactions: 2 people