Help I'm absolutely starving

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone
Type2 insulin 8 units novomix 30 I also have other medical conditions
I've been following lchf ...bg are bit high 8.8 before tea but I take steroids on a daily basis, and feel that's not too bad for me. I check bg before lunch, tea and 2 hrs after. Also check on fasting and before bed.

I am so hungry......ravenous is an understatement!!!! I'm hoping OH leaves some of his tea so I can mop up the leftovers. Lol..think I make him feel guilty that he's hanging on to his plate very firmly. Lol
Tonight I had small piece quiche with an egg, avocado, grated cheese and huge salad with some mayo. I could easily have eaten it again.lol . Off course I could have full fat yoghurt, but want to watch bg so need to wait my 2 hrs to see how things lie. What else can I have. Fruit I have to be careful with also nuts ....and still would need to wait the 2hrs...even then need to be careful for bg
Spikes. All you wonderful people can you help me satisfy this incredible hunger???

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How long have you been lchf?

There is a tendency when we start lchf to just cut the carbs without adding in enough other stuff to keep us full.

I suggest that you eat to satiety - anything low carb.
I find that good portions of protein, veg, salad and fat will keep me full.

Perhaps just eat more.

Cheese, cold meat, matterson's sausages, pork scratchings, coconut yoghurt, low carb hot choc, low carb baking, berries and cream, 70% solids chocolate...

I don't know if you are trying to lose weight, but believe me when I say that if you go hungry, you WILL break your diet, and fail.
Hunger is a diet killer.

Reactions: 4 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
I've been following lchf ...bg are bit high 8.8 before tea but I take steroids on a daily basis, and feel that's not too bad for me. I check bg before lunch, tea and 2 hrs after. Also check on fasting and before bed.

I am so hungry......ravenous is an understatement!!!! I'm hoping OH leaves some of his tea so I can mop up the leftovers. Lol..think I make him feel guilty that he's hanging on to his plate very firmly. Lol
Tonight I had small piece quiche with an egg, avocado, grated cheese and huge salad with some mayo. I could easily have eaten it again.lol . Off course I could have full fat yoghurt, but want to watch bg so need to wait my 2 hrs to see how things lie. What else can I have. Fruit I have to be careful with also nuts ....and still would need to wait the 2hrs...even then need to be careful for bg
Spikes. All you wonderful people can you help me satisfy this incredible hunger???
As @Spiker said, eat more fat. And as @Brunneria said, eat more. I say eat until you are full, on fats and low carb stuff. Have you seen the http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf site?

Reactions: 2 people

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you both for your responses. I have been low carb for bout 3 months. I have lost over a stone. Not really wanting to loose much more. I'm away to munch some
Pork scratching!!!!! By the way OH didn't leave aNything!!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, you **can't** do it if you are dying of hunger, and snacking is bad bad bad. I snacked and snacked till I realised. So nuts, cream coffees, lots of avocados, and just try going thro the Diet Doctor's lists till you are full.

Full!! It's a lovely word.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi everyone

It looks like you are on a fixed dose of insulin? Asking your HCP about switching to basal/bolus and carb counting with each meal might be a better approach and help reduce your hunger. This is explained here:
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/15478720.php

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, eat more fat and protein; these won't cause weight gain. Yes, ask for Basal/Bolus insulin with carb-counting as it will give you much more flexibility in what you eat.