Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Morning all, its sunny in Scotland Im a happy bunny again because - fbg 5.4 !

Reactions: 13 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Morning. 6.4. Thats over a week, bar one day, in the 6s first thing.

Reactions: 16 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.3. High for me but I think I know why.

I had one of those Lidl low carb rolls last night. Spiked me +3.5 after two hours so I'm not having them again! They seem to work well for other folks but not for me apparently.

Reactions: 14 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning Folks. A rather low for me 3.8 fasting. A tad concerning as I got no low BG warning signs. Usually I tend to get a cracking headache when my BG drops below 4.5. Not today though. Toast with Nutella & a nice cuppa sorted me out though. Have a good Wednesday everyone. Good health to us all. :)

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning all, its sunny in Scotland Im a happy bunny again because - fbg 5.4 !

That's fantastic @13lizanne. You have worked really hard to get those low numbers. Chuffed you jolly well should be!! :happy:

Reactions: 11 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 5.6 fasting BG reading this morning after a 5.6 reading at bedtime last night.

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 7.0 ..still battling with the flue and a headache this morning :(:(:(

Reactions: 15 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Folks. A rather low for me 3.8 fasting. A tad concerning as I got no low BG warning signs. Usually I tend to get a cracking headache when my BG drops below 4.5. Not today though. Toast with Nutella & a nice cuppa sorted me out though. Have a good Wednesday everyone. Good health to us all. :)

View attachment 15410

AJ - Neither your profile, nor signature give any clues about your meds these days, so I've lost track of the details, forgive me.

Was your toast with nutella a hypo treatment, your chosen breakfast, influenced by your 3.8 or just brekkers?

If you felt fine, then treated the 3.8, what was your rationale, bearing in mind you could have been 4.4, allowing for an upward tolerance of 15%.

Perhaps your body is just notching down a level, as a result of your longer term control? When my bloods were reducing they didn't creep down, they notched, for no apparent reason, except a cumulative period of control, and a certain amount of weight loss.

Reactions: 8 people