Cold legs? (Sol)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi!
So, does anybody share this same feeling; your legs, under your ankle gets cold and hard to move. And everytime the ache is just terrible. I usually put two socks in one leg and rub my feets, and it works in half an hour. But sometimes it can last over an hour
My doctor says, that I need to watch how it's turning, because all these kind of things should come, when you have had diabetes about 20-30 years, in my point. ('Cause I'm only 15 years old) And it could be just part of growing up, nobody knows.
So, do you have the same kind of experiences?
Ps. Sorry, if my english isn't correct

Last edited by a moderator:

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi!
So, does anybody share this same feeling; your legs, under your ankle gets cold and hard to move. And everytime the ache is just terrible. I usually put two socks in one leg and rub my feets, and it works in half an hour. But sometimes it can last over an hour
My doctor says, that I need to watch how it's turning, because all these kind of things should come, when you have had diabetes about 20-30 years, in my point. ('Cause I'm only 15 years old) And it could be just part of growing up, nobody knows.
So, do you have the same kind of experiences?
Ps. Sorry, if my english isn't correct
Maybe your doctor thinks it is caused by the diabetes, but it might be caused by something else? Perhaps you should ask him or her to investigate this symptom to see if there is something they can do to help.

Kirstyyyy4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 15 and I get the same pains in my ankle. Usually it's when my sugars are high though. But mine feel really cold and get a sharp pain and I sometimes get the same pain in my wrists?..I'm here to talk if you want..

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to get very cold feet in the winter when I was a teenager (and diabetic). I did also get diagnosed with hypothyroidism: it's not a problem compared with diabetes - just one small tablet a day, and that improved my circulation a bit. But yes, I had very cold feet. I lived in the North of England and in a very big, rather badly heated house, so that didn't help.

Your only option really is to dress in warm clothes. I also learned to knit socks and I always wear (rather fun) woollen socks. I knit all kinds of patterns. I also have a friend from Finland here in Istanbul who knits socks. Really, I can't say anything other than dress warmly. Don't have the tops of your socks too tight because that makes things worse. Get up and move about a bit when your feet feel really cold. (If you want to knit your own socks, you can learn from a website called Ravelry.)

If it is any consolation, Ive had diabetes for 48 years and there is still nothing wrong with my feet, apart from the fact they get cold if I don't wear woollen socks. i think my feet like luxury, that's all.:)

Reactions: 2 people