Feel ******

Kjh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone ive been diagnosed a year now but have been in the ho eymoon stage for a while now.
Just lately my bloods are rising not alot but the highest ive had is a 20.6,but the last few days ive been feeling very tired and sickly aswell is this normal coming out the honeymoon stage or is something else happening???

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi KJH,

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're coming down with something, rising levels are generally down to the body fighting infection and causing insulin resistance or you're coming out of the honeymoon phase and your body now requires more insulin. I would call your diabetes team to discuss your results with them and in the meantime keep a log of doses, carbs eaten and your BG readings so you can talk this through with them.

Good luck let us know how you get on ;)

Kjh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok thank you :)
Even though ive been diagnosed a year this is new to me as tbh i havent been ill whilst being diagnosed will give my nurse a call thanks xx

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, do contact your team. Are you on the Basal/Bolus regime and carb-counting? Are you adjusting your doses a little to try to reduce the blood sugar. Only do this gradually and test frequently to avoid hypos. Do it in conjunction with the nurse if you can.

Kjh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone i was currently taken off my insulin for how i was honeymooning and was making me hypo badly so i was taken off it,ive spoken to me dsn and shes put me back on my backdrop of 4 units of a morning to try and bring my numbers down.