Cholesterol

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello!

Exciting news today. In 3 months I have managed to get my cholesterol down from 5.5 to 3.1. My HDL has gone up and my LDL is .1 - hardly a trace :D
Together with my new HbA1c of 36.6 (5.5%) I'm a very happy lady. LCHF is great it is helping me immensely. I have found that I can eat a little bit of granary bread and a little fruit without spiking too much. I've just started eating 3 tbs of natural muesli too. Carbs are still low :). I still have a lot of weight to lose. Now the hard work begins to keep the figures there.

Reactions: 17 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you on statins Kim? Be careful your total doesn't go too low. Low is as bad as high, especially for ladies. (under 3 is low) Very well done, that is excellent news. :)

Reactions: 7 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Hello!

Exciting news today. In 3 months I have managed to get my cholesterol down from 5.5 to 3.1. My HDL has gone up and my LDL is .1 - hardly a trace :D
Together with my new HbA1c of 36.6 (5.5%) I'm a very happy lady. LCHF is great it is helping me immensely. I have found that I can eat a little bit of granary bread and a little fruit without spiking too much. I've just started eating 3 tbs of natural muesli too. Carbs are still low :). I still have a lot of weight to lose. Now the hard work begins to keep the figures there.
Well done Kim you have done so well, keep going. You will find you can reintroduce different foods in small amounts, for me it was fruit that I missed. Now I can eat an apple every day & I risk one banana a week mmm. As long as you keep under 8.5 you're fine

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those are great results, Kim - well done!

(But heed Bluetits's warning about too low cholesterol!)

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Kim .At my annual blood test this month my cholesterol had gone up a bit I never asked what it was but my doctor said I had a lot of good cholesterol and she said that was good

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great stuff. Preserving will always pay off. More power to you