Triglycerides

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can only speak from my own experience, but butter, cream, FF yogurt, real mayonnaise, red meat and fried foods have had no adverse effect on my triglycerides. They are lower than they ever have been (from before diabetes when I stuck rigidly to low fat products) and continue to improve test on test, currently 0.6. It is an excess of carbs that have an adverse effect, at least in my case.

LittleG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I just ask, with a cholesterol level of 4.5 down from 6.3 and a trig of 1.4 ( not sure what it was before), am I on the right track after 7 weeks?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
You certainly are. Well done!! 7 weeks ago, my trigs were 3.6 which is way off the scale...they like them to be 1.5 or below. Mine are now 1.5...so we should both be slapping our backs:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 3 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I can only speak from my own experience, but butter, cream, FF yogurt, real mayonnaise, red meat and fried foods have had no adverse effect on my triglycerides. They are lower than they ever have been (from before diabetes when I stuck rigidly to low fat products) and continue to improve test on test, currently 0.6. It is an excess of carbs that have an adverse effect, at least in my case.

Your trigs are amazing. I'm aiming to catch you up in another 6 weeks of LCHF:).

Reactions: 2 people

LittleG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You certainly are. Well done!! 7 weeks ago, my trigs were 3.6 which is way off the scale...they like them to be 1.5 or below. Mine are now 1.5...so we should both be slapping our backs:)

HURRAH!