“Hacking” Control IQ

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

I have seen a few tips flying about the internet around how Tandem’s Control IQ can be “hacked” to get even tighter control.

I’m currently pregnant and Control IQ targets a BG above where I need to be, especially overnight.

I’ve heard that you can, for example, set your correction factor lower and weight higher to get more aggressive corrections overnight.

Does anyone else have an tips for bringing the target range below 6.1? Or are there any good resources out there?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi all,

I have seen a few tips flying about the internet around how Tandem’s Control IQ can be “hacked” to get even tighter control.

I’m currently pregnant and Control IQ targets a BG above where I need to be, especially overnight.

I’ve heard that you can, for example, set your correction factor lower and weight higher to get more aggressive corrections overnight.

Does anyone else have an tips for bringing the target range below 6.1? Or are there any good resources out there?

Hi - I haven't seen this but am interested, where did you see this being quoted ?

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful34

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I, also, would like to know how to adjust Control IQ target below 6.1. Because I was unable to do this, I actually switched to Basal IQ for an experimental two weeks, and was able to lower my HbA1c using manual adjustments. But of course, I had to go back to Control IQ because that is the reason that I was given this pump. On the whole, I get better sleep because I'm not woken by urgent lows. However, in my opinion, it could do with some tweaking.

I have previously seen some comments here where some Tandem Control IQ users says that it is the best pump. How do you set your targets?

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
I'd like to know this too. Asked my team but not heard back from them

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry I missed the comments on this post.

I found some Reddit threads with some advice on how to do this ( https://www.reddit.com/r/diabetes_t1/comments/yd4oti )

I’m not using this currently, as I’m pregnant. I’m just using the pump manually for my tight control.

I’d advise you to do a bit more research into this than I have. You might be at increased risk of hypos, as it seems to be trial and error. There’s no official advice to do this, it’s just users messing about with settings.

Please be careful if you try it and make sure that all of your alarms are on!!