Type 1 1 stomach problems

dex44lego9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all been diabetic for 30 years always had tummy problem I think I have IBS but never did anything about it I have cramps and feel bloated and can not eat spicy food or strong flavors.would like to know what is best to eat as I like bread and anything with wheaten.would appreciate any tips on what's best to eat.thank u

Munim786

Hi, please read Diabetes Solution by Dr Richard Bernstein, you likely have gastrporesis or a paralysed stomach due to years of high blood sugars.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As you like bread, you won't like this, but I would suggest you ask to be tested for coeliac disease. I had to go on a high gluten diet before my gastroscopy and started having discomfort after spicy food. I've been Type 1 for 38 years but didn't know we had an above average chance of getting CD.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi all been diabetic for 30 years always had tummy problem I think I have IBS but never did anything about it

Go to your Dr's and get tested, why put up with it any longer if it's causing you discomfort?

If your gp can't find the cause they will refer you over to a Gastroenterologist at your local hospital. Good luck.