3 month hba1c results. So far so good

Margarettt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The diabetic nurse drew my blood at 9.30am today and called me at work at 3pm excited to tell me the results. My heart dropped when I saw "doctor" flash up on my phone.
My hba1c on August 8th was 54 and today it is 44 and that is good news. The nurse is more excited than I am because I'm still kicking myself a bit wondering what it would have been had I discovered nicotine lozenges had carbs two months before I did. Still down ten in 12 weeks I'll take that. I get a new knee next week so might have a month of dodgy bloods while I'm recovering. So I'm not saying "next time" but rather so far so good.
100% down to the help, support and advice on this forum. Thank you.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Well done. We can talk all we want, but unless somebody (you) actually takes notice it has no effect.
You are right that the knee op will almost certainly raise the BG numbers - for how long I don't know since I have no experience of BG numbers after an operation.
Perhaps another member has such experience and can share it.

Margarettt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Margarettt . Hows t going kicking 2 habits (carbs and nicotine lozenges) at once?
The carbs are no problem. I've just had a big bowl of flaxseed porridge and yesterday I had a (low carb) roll and bacon for my breakfast. I smile every time I add butter or cream to something and truly feel like I'm on a permanent cheat day from all the diets I've previously known.
The nicotine is another story. I have replaced these darn lozenges with a vape and at work, if its a long day, I have a sneaky wee nicotine chewing gum (1 carb) So when I tally up at night it often says plus 1 or plus 2.
I'm still as addicted to nicotine as ever I was but I can only stress about one thing at a time. I have a big op next week and will revisit my vice when that is out the way.
Thanks for caring.

• Friendly
Reactions: Paul_

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great result!! Keep doing what you’re doing, wishing you a speedy op recovery

Reactions: Paul_

Paul_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The diabetic nurse drew my blood at 9.30am today and called me at work at 3pm excited to tell me the results. My heart dropped when I saw "doctor" flash up on my phone.
My hba1c on August 8th was 54 and today it is 44 and that is good news. The nurse is more excited than I am because I'm still kicking myself a bit wondering what it would have been had I discovered nicotine lozenges had carbs two months before I did. Still down ten in 12 weeks I'll take that. I get a new knee next week so might have a month of dodgy bloods while I'm recovering. So I'm not saying "next time" but rather so far so good.
100% down to the help, support and advice on this forum. Thank you.
So pleased for you, @Margarettt! Don't sweat the lozenges, you're just saving up the improvements for next time around!

Good luck with the knee op, hope it goes smoothly.