3 month Review

scooby2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Feeling a bit fed up... i had my 3rd review... numbers were 1st one = 110, 2nd one was 74, 3rd one was 50. Today came back at 53
My Gp is in favour of low carbs which i have been following. I printed off the doctors info on newcastle diet. She advised against it and said im doing well and continue on this path.
I feel frustrated as have worked really hard and believed my numbers would come back at least 48.
Rant over... onwards and upwards as they say.
Thank you for listening... ir rather reading.

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
What your doing proves it's working..we all have "set backs" KEEP IT GOING IT WILL WORK FOR YOU

Reactions: 6 people

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A minor blip surely?? 110 to 53 is a great achievement you are still down over 50% WELL DONE!!

Reactions: 9 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree. Y

ou've made a huge jump downwards in your HbA1c, so you know that you can improve things by lifestyle changes. I doubt for any of us it will be plain saling all of the time.

Reactions: 4 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Life's hard at times and diabetes is not predicable. From 110 to 74 to 50 was great. Yes I can understand your disappointment with 53. My last one was 50 and I am due for my next results tomorrow.
How are your readings? Fasting and before and after meals? These could show you if any foods are not working for you. My GP was not interested in the Newcastle Study but I managed to lose my weight with cutting out the foods that my meter showed didn't work for me. My weight loss was much more gradual but I have achieved it. About 2 stone since diagnosis. Many people have great weight loss from low carb so in some ways you are lucky that your doctor thinks that way. You are still doing well but may need to think if there is anything else. I'm only 6 months into this but I'm sure there are lots of people who have a lot more experience than me.
Don't get downhearted as even your doctor thinks you are doing well.

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You're doing great, dont give up. You may just need to slightly reduce the amount of carbs you are consuming per day. I try to consume no more than 25gr carbs per day but many here consume more. It took me 17 months to get my HbA1c down from 100 to 34. There is a lot of trial and error but Im sure you will be able to get it lower.

Reactions: 2 people