A year on from diagnosis

Blaize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it's been a while since I posted but thought a wee update was in order.

Bloods taken and got the results and I have to say I'm surprised and very pleased.

I've lost 3 stone my blood sugar levels are that of a non diabetic. Still a trace of protein in my urine.

My cholesterol my kidneys liver thyroid all fine.

Only my blood pressure is high so I've been prescribed ramipril 2.5mg per day so far.

The doctor and nurse were giddy as hell with my results.

Reactions: 19 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Well it's been a while since I posted but thought a wee update was in order.

Bloods taken and got the results and I have to say I'm surprised and very pleased.

I've lost 3 stone my blood sugar levels are that of a non diabetic. Still a trace of protein in my urine.

My cholesterol my kidneys liver thyroid all fine.

Only my blood pressure is high so I've been prescribed ramipril 2.5mg per day so far.

The doctor and nurse were giddy as hell with my results.

Spot on blaize, keep it going.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seen this! Well done!

3 stone is amazing.

Has it really been a year?
I always loved your avatar.
:D

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good work Blazie! compliments.

However I am of the opinion that weight loss actually reduces blood pressure too. Why yours is still high despite losing 3st? Did you look into that?
Still a trace of protein in my urine.
I am also interested in aspect, right from childhood I have this in my urine tests consistently. GPs look at that always and say they want further tests. Note that I was very obese, got lean and then got obese and so on so forth. But my urine tests always have shown some albumin or serum protein or something. Last week I went through annual checkup, but only blood was taken. Urine tests are scheduled to July, so need to wait. This is the first time in my life to get to 18% body fat, so cannot wait to see the results.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done isn't it great when you find out your not technically a diabetic anymore. Keep up the good work. I also have high blood pressure that only seems to be controlled with medication, not too sure why. I tried cutting out salt and exercising ect but nothing brings it down.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Super results. Did your doctor and nurse ask how you'd managed to achieve them?