Advice please

Hi,
I'm new to this forum but would really like your opinions if possible.

My partner over the last few weeks has been feeling quite poorly. He typically puts up with it until I encouraged him to go to the doctors.

The dr took a urine sample for a dip test and he has been recalled into the docs for a blood test.

His symptoms are excessive urination, nassive thirst, very dizzyspells, blurred vision (the last two are his main symptoms).
I hadnt thought of diabetes, it just occured to me when he said about the dip test and the recall in. His dad has type 2 diabetes.

I know you cant diagnose but I'm just so concerned. Also he drives around the country an waful lot, and on tuesday he has a five hour drive ahead of him, I'm worried that something may happen whilst hes driving and undiagnosed of whatever is wrong with him.

Any advice or thoughts will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Morgaine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
bad manners house/rap
Hello galleywench100,
I would be concerned too, especially as he is having dizzy spells and blurred vision. Is there any way he can avoid the drive until he has seen the Dr? It sounds like his dr is suspecting type 2 diabetes and is having him back to run some blood tests. In any case it sounds like your partner needs to sort out what is causing his symptoms, if it were me I would be urging my partner to go off sick or at least avoid driving until he has seen the dr. I don't want to be a scaremonger, or make you worry even more, as I think you are already worried sick about him, but we all need to act responsibly when driving. I hope it's not too long before he is sorted out and hopefully you can get some help and support from the forum. Good luck and best wishes. :)