Alcohol and it's effects.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is interesting that Alcohol comes top of the list for harming others .When you consider that a lot of us who have a glass or two of wine with our meal are not going to fall into this catagory .some times these reports can have a misleading headline.

C

catherinecherub

This article isn't talking about moderate drinkers but those who indulge excessively. I have seen professionally how heavy drinking can have a ripple affect for the whole family, the drinker's work colleagues and their social network. It is all about knowing your limits.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Alcohol per se isn't too bad, it is when it is used to excess that the harmful effects take hold. The odd glass or so of wine/beer isn't a problem for most. Those of us that have the willpower and motivation not to go out 'binge drinking', nights 'on the lash', a bender etc etc........ :(

I have seen first hand the effects that most of these things listed have as well as Alcohol, by far and away it is Alcohol that is the cause of so much misery when it is abused. In moderation it is fine.

Spare a thought for those who for one reason or another this Christmas and New Year has been Hell. A family member, drunk, possibly incapable, maybe argumentative, maybe violent.....male or female.
My thoughts go out to them. I hope that 2011 for them will bring some hope that whoever has the problem will at some point 'see the light.' :(

We have all probably had a great joyful time.......

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ken said:
Alcohol per se isn't too bad, it is when it is used to excess that the harmful effects take hold.

Crack is wonderful, in moderation... :lol: