Any Experiences with Mounjaro?

NeeNee87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anybody here been on Mounjaro and have any experiences? I like that it is supposedly so good at lowering A1C and has the side effect of weight loss. Unfortunately, it's super expensive where I live like almost 1000 dollars a month.

I'm hoping I can get insurance to cover it but I am still going to research it and see what people say.

How long did it work?
A1C change?
Weight lost?
Any side effects?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anybody here been on Mounjaro and have any experiences? I like that it is supposedly so good at lowering A1C and has the side effect of weight loss. Unfortunately, it's super expensive where I live like almost 1000 dollars a month.

I'm hoping I can get insurance to cover it but I am still going to research it and see what people say.

How long did it work?
A1C change?
Weight lost?
Any side effects?
Mounjaro has only just been approved for use in UK, but will likely not be available for prescription for a few months yet.

I’m guessing you aren’t in Uk, but if you are, there are several alternatives available in the same drugs class (GLP-1).

NeeNee87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mounjaro has only just been approved for use in UK, but will likely not be available for prescription for a few months yet.

I’m guessing you aren’t in Uk, but if you are, there are several alternatives available in the same drugs class (GLP-1).
Yeah we have ozempic here but it's super hard to get and even more expensive. Apparently all the rich people buy it in cash to lose like 20 lbs.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

How long did it work?
A1C change?
Weight lost?
Any side effects?

Have you looked at the manufacturer's web page?
There's some good info there, especially about side effects etc.

https://www.mounjaro.com/what-is-mounjaro#about-mounjaro

Sonya L

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

How long did it work?
A1C change?
Weight lost?
Any side effects?
I have been on Mounjaro and I love. My A1C has gone from 10.1 to 7.5 and is now 6.6. My appetite has been curved and I am more energetic. No side effects and 18lbs lost in 4 months.

• Friendly
Reactions: NeeNee87