Anyone else seeing a decline in their medication?

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm currently taking;
Metformim slow release,
Novorapid
Tresiba
Carvediol

And I'm suppose to be taking;
Ozempic (haven't had it since April 2023)
Victoza/Liraglutide (had it from April 2023 to August 2023 to replace the shortages of Ozempic)
Tostran Gel (haven't had it since August 2023)
Testing strips I've been put down to just 50 a month.

My doctors and diabetes nurse have said that their will continue to be shortages until next year.

I've already slipped back down and my appetite has increased again to more than it was once. My blood sugars are ranging between 15 to 25 mmol on an average day as I'm down to testing 1-2 times a day now and my insulin dosages have gone to 40, 42 and 44 units of Novorapid and 90 units of Tresiba.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I'm currently taking;
Metformim slow release,
Novorapid
Tresiba
Carvediol

And I'm suppose to be taking;
Ozempic (haven't had it since April 2023)
Victoza/Liraglutide (had it from April 2023 to August 2023 to replace the shortages of Ozempic)
Tostran Gel (haven't had it since August 2023)
Testing strips I've been put down to just 50 a month.

My doctors and diabetes nurse have said that their will continue to be shortages until next year.

I've already slipped back down and my appetite has increased again to more than it was once. My blood sugars are ranging between 15 to 25 mmol on an average day as I'm down to testing 1-2 times a day now and my insulin dosages have gone to 40, 42 and 44 units of Novorapid and 90 units of Tresiba.
Bless you honey I didn't want to read and run but hopefully someone in the "know" will reply. I am clueless with regards to the meds but you will get there and its just a blipp x With regards to meds my meds for my asthma have been sporadic, all a bit worrying x

Reactions: Antje77

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on Victoza and struggled to get reliable supplies from my local independent pharmacy over the summer. I have now switched to have my prescriptions from a big Boots and so far have not had any gaps in treatment. I hope you can find a reliable supply soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Lainie71

Kiwigal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Yes I'm only on Ozempic and the shortages have been extended to end of 2024 for Australia and had discussion with Diabetes clinic for alternative med - once a daily long acting insulin.

I have to wait until I'm unable to get Ozempic so my glucose will rise above 10 mmol or Hba1c increase to 7%. As Ozempic is keeping my glucose levels down at the moment.

As other alternative meds for Type 2 Oral med is not an ideal for me to take esp side effects and allergies.

• Hug
Reactions: Lainie71

carnabychick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had same problem and have just been out on Lantus to use along with novarapid.
I was able to get my test strips increased to 100 a month, so can’t figure why they’ve lowered it if your using insulin?
I use about 12 units of novarapid a day and will be on 10 of Lantus