Anyone Had This Happen With Their Libre?

wildtoast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya all

Anyone had this happen with the LibreLink app? I had a small gap in my graph after lunch (I think my BG fell too quickly for it to keep up, that seems to happen sometimes) but then it started tracing the graph again - as seen on my Libre reader. Suddenly though another scan and hours vanished?! The blue clock appeared too. They still appear on the reader. I'm very confused, I usually use the app as it's more convenient for me. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• 36444047_10160657185750381_5803871379614859264_n.png
    36444047_10160657185750381_5803871379614859264_n.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 1,845
  • 36511554_10160657200220381_2625831056451829760_n.jpg
    36511554_10160657200220381_2625831056451829760_n.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 701
Reactions: Gcluett

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Yes, seen this a few times. I think that for some reason the sensor stops storing data for a while. I've had it drop out for a couple of hours before. If it keeps happening I'd give Abbott labs a call, you might score a freebie sensor out of them.

Reactions: EllieM

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
It's a rare occurrence, but yeah every now and then it'll lose a few intervals of data.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya all

Anyone had this happen with the LibreLink app? I had a small gap in my graph after lunch (I think my BG fell too quickly for it to keep up, that seems to happen sometimes) but then it started tracing the graph again - as seen on my Libre reader. Suddenly though another scan and hours vanished?! The blue clock appeared too. They still appear on the reader. I'm very confused, I usually use the app as it's more convenient for me. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

Hi there - I've had this happen a few times. Sometimes the gap will almost back-fill, after a couple of hours, but when that doesn't happen, Abbott have replaced the sensor as defective.

If you still have the gap in your trace, then give them a call.

(As a matter of interest, when you download the raw data (i.e. the 15 minute intervals background "readings" to a spreadsheet, or whatever, is the data there?)

One very pertinent thing to check is that you had in fact scanned within the 8 hours preceeding the gap, to ascertain the gap isn't a function of you just not having scanned quite enough. If you haven't scanned enough, the gap will be correct, if highly irritating!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. Agreeing with what they @DCUKMod and @urbanracer have said.

I find it usually happens to me once or twice a sensor, usually (but not always) within the first few days, and usually late evening or in the small hours. No idea why. I use the Libre reader, so I am not speaking from experience of the Apps.

There seems to be no real issue, unless the gap was so large that I could be losing a hypo or hyper event. Usually my gaps are less than an hour.

If it started happening so often that I was losing important data I would be on to the helpline phone number immediately. I have always found the staff on the other end of the phone very helpful.