Bad hba1c

diabetic77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a clinic appointment next week and my bloods haven't been good over the past 2 months :( I usually average a hba1c of around 6.0 so I am expected to do well again. It's nothing wrong with my insulin it's just my control lately hasn't been great as I recently got on the pump and often don't bolus for some foods I eat. I also haven't been testing a lot. What should I say to the doctors and nurses?:(

M

mammamia2006

Just tell them the truth, sure they will understand.

I went for years only taking my Lantus and only used Novorapid when I had ketones. I decided it was time to sort myself out and went to dr then clinic and in no uncertain terms just told them at the time, I was sick of being a diabetic and couldnt give a **** about it.

They were all brilliant with me and were just happy I had finally decided to look after myself.

Honesty is the best policy :) Hope you get it sorted out.

Ps my HbA1C was 117 when dr checked it then at clinic a week later, it was 97. Amazing what a difference a little time can make.

Reactions: 2 people

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Remember your diabetes team are there to help you not judge you. I don't know much about pumps but they must take some getting used to so if you have particular issues with it talk about it to your team and they should help you out.

Good luck

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just be honest with them, when I was a teen I had terrible a1c but I used to lie and tell my DSN my bg's had been great... Pretty obvious I wasn't telling the truth!

Why do you not do your bolus? Do you just forget? Coz you can set a reminder on it, or if you don't like taking it out in front of people can just go to the loo to do it?

Abbie x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im like that had diabetes now for 12 month and my hbc1 has been bad ever since diagnosed its getting so boring with being nearly 13 just don't want to do it but have to.
:(:happy: always here xxxx

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi diabetic77
welcome to the forum:)
please don't tell any lies as if you do it is only YOU that is really suffering as a result .
your medical team are doing a job and they want you to be as good as you can be with control.
it is really hard to be diabetic 24 hours a day 7 days a week ( i have been for 43 years ) but if you explain to them why you are feeling like you do they should be able to help.

you can keep coming here too for support. Just try your best -- its all you can do :cool:

xxc.hloexx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A year or 2 ago I went to clinic and and my hba1c was 109 and I was very sick because of it try taking a injection now and then and it might help xxx