Blood Glucose Lower After Meal Than Before

beep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all I got a code free sd blood glucose meter a few days ago but I’m confused my bg seems to be lower after my meal than before

Doing keto diet

Wed before meal (15.19pm) 6.0 , after meal (17.19pm) 6.8

Thurs before bacon and eggs (11.30am) 7.6 , after meal (13.15pm) 5.8

Thurs before chicken and leek bake (15.50pm) 6.4 , after (17.50pm) 5.9

Today Friday before roast beef and radishes (13.45pm) 6.5 , after (14.56pm) 6.2

I put in a testing strip and it says ok

Reactions: britishpub

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, those are excellent results. It shows you are on the right track with your foods. Nothing confusing there.

You could also try testing within the 2 hour range, at say an hour or at 90 minutes to try and catch any peak.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes., those are the sort of results that show the Keto/Low Carb diet is doing it's thing for you.

As @Bluetit1802 states, your BG will have risen after eating (just about unavoidable) but due to your food choices probably not a huge amount and then comes back down to your normal running level.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're eating a vey low carb/ketogenic diet, you're not likely to be seeing a significant (if any) rise in glucose levels due to fact that you've cut right down on your spikey carbohydrates consumption, so very similar pre and post meal levels are quite normal. It's just indicating that your glucose levels are nice and steady and your diet is working, so be pleased with those readings - not concerned! :) But you can do as @Bluetit1802 suggested and see if you're getting any earlier rise.

Robbity

Reactions: Bluetit1802

beep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you folks I was worried my meter was faulty