Blood sugar Reading type 2

theresaw64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
celery yuk, rude people,
Hi i woke up this morning very hungry so I had 2 x wholemeal nimble toast and a tablespoon of tined tomato tested after I ate this I was 4.6 tested again 2.5 hrs later 4.8 this time I'm only asking if these reading are OK as I feel very sick, headache and shaking, i did have a nice biscuit after the first reading as well, I'm type 2 and booked in for my bloods next week thanks for any replies and advise, I'm on oral meds.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi i woke up this morning very hungry so I had 2 x wholemeal nimble toast and a tablespoon of tined tomato tested after I ate this I was 4.6 tested again 2.5 hrs later 4.8 this time I'm only asking if these reading are OK as I feel very sick, headache and shaking, i did have a nice biscuit after the first reading as well, I'm type 2 and booked in for my bloods next week thanks for any replies and advise, I'm on oral meds.
Hi theresaw64 and welcome.

The numbers you're reporting look pretty good to me. All the more so as there will have been a fair bit of carb in the toast and biscuit - but your system seems to have handled it well. The two figures are a bit lower than normal - but I wouldn't class them as problematic. What was your most recent HbA1c?

Not everything we experience is caused by T2 or blood glucose - it's also quite possible you have a bug.

Reactions: theresaw64

theresaw64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
celery yuk, rude people,
Tysm it's been a strange day today lol i dropped down to 3.1 I'm going to get a new tester changed battery and everything, but i do feel better in myself now xx

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What medication are you on? If you regularly are having levels on the low end despite eating what in reality is a fair few carbs then maybe it needs reviewing with a view to taking less, especially if you choose to eat fewer carbs at any point

nb I doubt nimble or even wholemeal is any better for your blood glucose levels than any other bread

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77 and KennyA

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In your shoes I'd mention this to whoever your prescriber is. I've no experience of those medications myself but I suppose it's possible that assumptions were made about your likely level of carb intake.

theresaw64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
celery yuk, rude people,
I dont eat to many carbs my rule is no white food rice pasta potatoes white flour ect, but my diabetic nurse left our surgery about a year ago no replacement but i have managed to get in to see Dr next Thursday so hopefully will get something sorted i think my meds need to be reduced, i will get a new tester tomorrow just to make sure mine isn't faulty xc

theresaw64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
celery yuk, rude people,
My meds are 500 ml metformin and 25 ml of jardence once a day x

theresaw64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type