Type 2 Blood Sugar Sensor Application

lauk66

Hi,
I’m a Type 2 diabetic and have been inquiring as to how I may move from the normal finger pricking testing device to the sensor device such as the Libre. I’ve been given all sorts of conflicting information e.g. “you can only get it if you’re Type1” or “only if you reside in a certain borough(I live in Camden)” to “you need to be referred by the diabetes consultant”.

Can anyone offer any guidance please?

Kind regards,
LA

AlexH14

Hi,
I’m a Type 2 diabetic and have been inquiring as to how I may move from the normal finger pricking testing device to the sensor device such as the Libre. I’ve been given all sorts of conflicting information e.g. “you can only get it if you’re Type1” or “only if you reside in a certain borough(I live in Camden)” to “you need to be referred by the diabetes consultant”.

Kind regards,
LA
Hi, that’s not right at all, I am type 2 and almost every pharmacy I use stocks it. Sometimes they sell so few they don’t know what it is, but most have it on display. I’ve had great inconsistency as to whether they will take off the VAT or not, most do.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

Kind regards,
LA
Very few type 2s will get the Libre on prescription. If you are on insulin or other meds that can cause hypos, then there is a possibility. They do do a free 14 day trial, if you fancy trying one.

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77