Co-Op Rolls

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I noticed in my local Co-Op store that they are selling rolls that look just like the Lidl ones they are dark brown triangular with seeds they may be slightly smaller they are just described as seeded rolls I asked about them but they said they did not really know if they were suitable for a low carb diet or for diabetics. Anyone else seen them or tried them

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Nutrition Facts
Co-Op - Triangle Seeded Brown Roll

1. Servings:
Calories 285 Sodium 0 mg
Total Fat 6 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 47 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 4 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
Trans 0 g Protein 10 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Search our food database by name:

Hope this helps

Smartie xx

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
47g carbs without sugars!

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole or petit pain!!!!!

Reactions: 5 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
47 grams of carb seems unlikely for 1 roll do we know the weight !
CAROL

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If they are the ones I think they are, by memory they weighed upwards of 80g. Most normal refined flour bread is around 50% carbohydrate . Those particular rolls look like heavy seeded bread but actually the seeds are on the top, not inside and it's obviously finely ground flour so It's relatively fluffy bread, style over substance . I suspect if the GI were measured it would be quite high.
I'm not into low carbing but I've bought them from the local co-op to my fathers when I haven't been able to get anything else.I don't eat a whole one and I bolus accordingly.