Conn's Syndrome and diabetes

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Does anyone here have Conn's like myself?
Thanks
Derek

untitled - Conn_and_Diabetes.pdf
I don't have it, but I'm gad you posted as I had never heard of it. I will keep it up my sleeve as something to mention when someone says their hypertension is hard to control, even with several drugs. Usually this can be a sign of obstructive sleep apnoea, but I now see it can also suggest Conn's. I found some easy to read info about it:
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/conns.htm

lindisfel

Expert
Hi cat lady,
Thanks for your input.
Conn's is potentially curable and I believe it caused my type2.
The high level of aldosterone causes insulin
resistance.
I was only diagnosed last year and likely had
it c.30 years.
Aldosterone damages most systems in the body including the heart (I have A fib and a pacemaker) and kidneys.
One has to take an aldosterone antagonist and have very low salt diet.
Potentially the fibrosis damage can be reversed.
Regards
Derek
Ps. You live in a beautiful country, have been to both islands and our month there has very special memories.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi Cat lady,
Have you ever had your blood potassium checked?
Low potassium increases Bp.
regards
Derek
Thanks Derek, I get my electrolytes checked from time to time and they always seem to be in the normal range. It's good to keep an eye on these things.