Cuts will see 50,000 jobs lost in NHS

TheSparkyPony

My local hospital, according to that site, are cutting around 500 jobs. Considering how drastically understaffed it is normally, the thought of 500 positions going fills me with dread.

I have noticed a definite lack of jobs though. I get NHS Jobs to send me vacancies of ANY job at my hospital in case I can apply and get some experience before university. I used to get an email minimum 3 x a week. Now I'm luckily to get one.

I'm wondering if doing Nursing BSc in September was the right way forward?! :roll:

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pony - a nursing degree shows many skills in many different areas, so even if you can't find job in a related area I would have thought it would be an attractive degree for many employers.

The NHS would save loads of money if it stopped paying nurses to do jobs cleaners could do, and doctors to do jobs nurses could do.

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
I remember when nurses did a large purportion of the cleaning and each ward had its own cleaner, never heard of these new super bugs. Now becuase the cleaning is privatised the wards are in my opinion are not clean, in the 'old days' beds would be washed and moved, the floor and lockers etc would be cleaned daily. from a recent stay this did not happen at all!!!

We have been fooled by Cameron, the nhs is going, basic needs are not met and money is becoming less and less under the title of efficiency!! and stff are having to do more and more, taking trained stff away from pt care.

if you can do the degree, you may still get the bursery, so have a massive advantage, you get pocket money and dont pay for your training, though a majority of student nurses take on part time work to help with costs. if you get the chance to do it, ? do it, as it is a degree and consits of a vast number of skills with in it, ? teaching, communication, etc.

good luck

i really dread the future of the nhs and our country

primmers

Penny wise and pound foolish...

I work supporting women who are having breastfeeding problems. There are lots of things that can make breastfeeding a problem but they are generally fairly easy to sort out if you've had the extra layer of training. By the time women reach the clinic they are usually very distressed, we are very much their last resort. Clinic I work in costs about £40k a year, operates on four days a week and sees hundreds of women a year. Got a big box of thank you cards, general theme is that without the expertise and emotional support the clinic offered they would have opted to artificial feed. We e mail questionaire all women and have a good level of response, lots of praise, any negative feed back is only ever about the grotty facitilies and how long they have to wait, never staff or advice. Tons of research demonstrating a link between breastfeeding and lowered rates of obesity and diabetes in the children as they grow - both areas of huge future concern financially to the NHS.

Management response? - currently considering cutting number of clinics to two and placing a time limit of 30 minutes on the consultations to save a measly £20k. Left hand, we wondered, do you know that right hand exists?

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Well I see that the private Heath Assessment firms (aka Atos) are recruiting big time Now for HCP.
Doc, Nurses , Physio all training will be given .9<>5 No nights or weekends

For the upcoming Re-assessment for all on Incapacity benefit & Re-assessment DLA claimants
starting this March and then all new claimants
You will be trained in new interrogation methods developed in Guantanamo bay Cuba
and a bonus is paid for the amount you fail (find healthy)
example if you can self propel your wheelchair 30m on level ground that is equal to walking
zero points ????????

No one will be classed As sick Infirm or disabled we will no longer need the NHS
and for the small amount of healthcare Atos are happy to bid for

scam.gif

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well, we all know how easily the NHS could be run, efficiently and within budget - just abolish patients! :lol:

Viv :)