Dealing with the down days

Lilym13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, have been lurking for a while and now really in need of a pick me up.
I am type 1 and have a daughter, we are starting the process of getting ready for number 2. We had a cgm with our first and it was brilliant, unfortunately we cannot afford this now and i'm really struggling to get my levels right. my hba1c is now 8% but this final push is so hard. Now to top it off a close relative has announced her second baby, i am happy for her but so gutted, i just can't get out of my head that its not fair, why can't I just go and "get pregnant". I swear the first time was not this bad, (same thing happened, sister in law accidentally got pregnant when we were in our preconception clinics).

I feel awful for feeling the way i do, has anyone else felt this jealousy and feel like your levels are NEVER going to be right!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey welcome to the forum .

I haven't got no advice on the situation I'm pregnant with our first baby , but can imagine how annoying it must all feel for you right now .
It's hard enough trying to get pregnant and keeping bloods in target and controlling them with out the added pressure in some sort of sense with other members of the family , is a whole different ball game when diabetes plays a part .

Hope you start to feel a bit better with in your self soon ,
Take care :)

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Can't help on this, but hoping you manage to turn these "down days" into a snuggly "duvet day" (and pregnant!)

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I felt exactly like you just over a year ago...all of my friends (or so it felt anyway) kept phoning to tell me they were pregnant but we couldn't try yet as I hadn't been given the go ahead. It was really upsetting and I had a definite green monster on my shoulder! However, I got the go ahead about a year ago and now have a 6 week old girl who is a delight.
It's a nightmare getting your HbA1c down...I essentially cut my carb intake to less than 30g per day which did the job really quickly as it eliminated my post prandial highs.
I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon and completely understand where you're at. Hope you get there soon!
X