muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Watty62

Its a ****** when that happens (and I've been there)
Just a couple of questions are you testing? If so what was your FBG today?
Also have you had that sleep apnea test and results yet?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I was feeling tired all last week for no apparent reason and was recommended vitamin B12 supplements. I've been taking them for a couple of days now and have shaken off the permanent tired feeling. Need more time to assess them fully.

Reactions: 2 people

Watty62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Watty62

Its a ****** when that happens (and I've been there)
Just a couple of questions are you testing? If so what was your FBG today?
Also have you had that sleep apnea test and results yet?
Nope going back to doctors next week hopefully get appointments then thanks for asking

Watty62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Here goes again been up for an hour now feel like going back to bed ....if it's not depression it's feeling like all I want to do is sleep ... so frustrating

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @Watty62

Mate sorry to hear you are feeling that way again. Its great that you are trying to get into the quack next week. I know you are probably not feeling like it but push yourself to get that appointment as it is important first step. Its a bit hard to nail it down as it could be;
  • High BG as that can make you tired and sluggish (have you tested this morning and if so what are your latest readings)
  • It could also be as a result of changing your diet (particularly if you have dramatically cut your carbs)
  • Sleep Apnea could also be the problem (you have mentioned about getting tested for this)
  • Depression
I have been thru all of these myself at different times. It is a process of elimination and your GP is the place to start. If you feel up to it until you can get into the quack post us some details on your BG Levels and your diet in recent days as these are a couple of things you can work with until then

If you are feeling really low then don't wait for a week or so call a helpline, seek out a friend or present yourself to ER to get professional advice

Whatever it is you can come out the other-side smiling

Watty62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Watty62

Mate sorry to hear you are feeling that way again. Its great that you are trying to get into the quack next week. I know you are probably not feeling like it but push yourself to get that appointment as it is important first step. Its a bit hard to nail it down as it could be;
  • High BG as that can make you tired and sluggish (have you tested this morning and if so what are your latest readings)
  • It could also be as a result of changing your diet (particularly if you have dramatically cut your carbs)
  • Sleep Apnea could also be the problem (you have mentioned about getting tested for this)
  • Depression
I have been thru all of these myself at different times. It is a process of elimination and your GP is the place to start. If you feel up to it until you can get into the quack post us some details on your BG Levels and your diet in recent days as these are a couple of things you can work with until then

If you are feeling really low then don't wait for a week or so call a helpline, seek out a friend or present yourself to ER to get professional advice

Whatever it is you can come out the other-side smiling
Thankyou

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you've had a better day today @Watty62 ? Being diagnosed with T2 can be a big shock to the system, so it's not unusual to feel a bit despondent. Keep posting and let us know how you're getting on, we're here to help ;)

Reactions: 5 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nightime downunder @Watty62

Hope you are feeling better mate. Let us know how you are going

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Watty62
Great to hear that. How are those sugar levels going?

Boating

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Do you have access to a diabetic professional a nurse dietitian or Dr. but one that specializes in diabetes I have found the nurses to be particularly educated in depression tiredness the sorts of things that seem to go along with diabetes. My family doctor does not have the knowledge base to answer my general diabetes questions like tiredness depression they seem to make it clinical or apply your symptoms to everyday health which doesn't help a diabetic. Some of the medications they could have put you on can also cause your symptoms. I have been a diabetic for many years and am presently going through a bit of a slump myself seems just a little harder to get motivated lately laying down always looks tempting. Don't be too hard on yourself and one of the previous comments mentioned sleep apnea it corrected a lot of issues for me including tiredness and some depression. The tests are easy however once you go down that road there's no return. I hope your doctor appointment went well and you get some answers if not seek out a diabetic professional I have found the nurses in that field to be most helpful. Good luck Bob