Dexacon

lis@41

If your having issues keeping the Dexcom stuck in place, for past 13 yrs or more I've been using Skin Tac medical adhesive (sadly you have to purchase it), then to remove I use Lift Plus (which your GP can prescribe). You can use Lift Plus to remove a Dexcom that has not had extra glue too.
Thanks for your help

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using Skin Tac medical adhesive (sadly you have to purchase it), then to remove I use Lift Plus (which your GP can prescribe).
Prescription rules vary significantly.
I have had Skin Tac prescribed. I would not get Lift Plus prescribed.

If you cannot afford them, I would advise requesting both but don't be surprised if the request is declined.

Reactions: Chas C and lis@41

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Prescription rules vary significantly.
I have had Skin Tac prescribed. I would not get Lift Plus prescribed.

If you cannot afford them, I would advise requesting both but don't be surprised if the request is declined.
That's good news, I will ask about Skin Tac, maybe its changed over the years. Why would you not get Lift Plus prescribed (did you mean you could not get it).

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's good news, I will ask about Skin Tac, maybe its changed over the years. Why would you not get Lift Plus prescribed (did you mean you could not get it).
My GP prescribes as little as possible.
The SkinTac used to come with my insulin pump but when I changed pumps, it was removed.
Unlike some, I have to self fund all hypo treatment including gels. All I get for hypos is the "orange box" to use in emergencies,

Thankfully, I can afford these so do not push it.
But it seems others get much much more. So, when it is suggested that you can get something on prescription which is available across the counter, I try to correct this assumption - you may get it but don't expect it.

Reactions: Chas C

AutisticMum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
First person shooter games such as COD.
If your having issues keeping the Dexcom stuck in place, for past 13 yrs or more I've been using Skin Tac medical adhesive (sadly you have to purchase it), then to remove I use Lift Plus (which your GP can prescribe). You can use Lift Plus to remove a Dexcom that has not had extra glue too.
In my experience Dexcoms 6 & 7 at least stay on a lot better than Libre. I was also allergic to the glue used by Libre but not Dexcom. Not used Dexcom 1

Reactions: lis@41

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The SkinTac used to come with my insulin pump but when I changed pumps, it was removed.
Unlike some, I have to self fund all hypo treatment including gels. All I get for hypos is the "orange box" to use in emergencies,

But it seems others get much much more. So, when it is suggested that you can get something on prescription which is available across the counter, I try to correct this assumption - you may get it but don't expect it.
Thanks, I've just asked. Its been 12 yrs since I last asked and then I was self funding.

Reactions: In Response

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In my experience Dexcoms 6 & 7 at least stay on a lot better than Libre. I was also allergic to the glue used by Libre but not Dexcom. Not used Dexcom 1
Dexcom 1 and 6 are physically identical just the 1 has less capability than the 6. They use the same sensor.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgreymare

lis@41

Hi, I don't get the emergency hypo kit no more haven't for years. I had a severe low which caused me a seizure and paramedics had to inject in my vein to get my sugars up, if I still had the kit maybe someone could of treated me with it.

• Hug
Reactions: In Response