Type 1 Dexcom g7 accuracy?

Pollybaby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi. Does anyone else have issues with their g7? I am always having to calibrate.
So many times I do a finger prick and the g7 is 4 or 5 or even 10 mmol units off.

I used the g6 before and did not have this problem, I am think of reverting ..it’s so frustrating as it defeats the whole purpose of the CGM if the readings are not right .

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having slated the Dexcom One, which was only any use as a trend device. No calibration and no two days offset the same... on a 3 month sample it was dreadful.

I've had better luck with the G7, bought 3 to try, 1 failed on day 8 (just drifted down to zero and never came back), but replaced with a new one and so far the G7 has been pretty accurate. On my 5th sensor and only one has required calibration. I made sure that the G7 was reading a straight line and then took 2 finger reading 15 minutes apart which were reading the same. Calibrated the sensor and it gave decent readings for the rest of it's life. I've noticed it's a bit out of sorts for the first 6 or so hours but otherwise has been fine.

TeriJo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. Does anyone else have issues with their g7? I am always having to calibrate.
So many times I do a finger prick and the g7 is 4 or 5 or even 10 mmol units off.

I used the g6 before and did not have this problem, I am think of reverting ..it’s so frustrating as it defeats the whole purpose of the CGM if the readings are not right .
I just started the G7 after being on the G6 and am experiencing the same thing. Anyone else?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I had issues when I first started using the G7 a few months ago but either the quality has improved or I've got better at inserting it. Some tips I've found useful
1) Insert the new sensor as soon as the old one enters its grace period of 12 hours. Then your senssor will already have warmed up for 12 hours if we wait to change over till the grace period ends, you won't need a warm up period at all for the new sensor, and it's less likely to be inaccurate because of a reaction atbthe insertion site.

2) Dexcom adivse you not to calibrate for the first 24 hours....

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For me it’s the opposite it’s the most accurate sensor I’ve had. loved my Libres (both types 1 & 2) but they always ran lower than any blood tests I did & Dexcom 1 for me was a total waste of space never showed a reading any ware near a accurate level (blood test).

For me The Dexcom 7 is the most accurate I’ve had & I’ve never needed calibrate it.

But would prefer it to scan every minute same as libre

rhaardoerfer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve had some bad batches of Dexcom 7s. I get them in batches of 3 and one was totally useless. They always replace them but it was frustrating for a while. Lately I haven’t had any issues.