urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
My consultant has just given me a Dexcom One and I used it for almost 24hrs before my phone app closed itself and I got an error message telling me to start a new session.

Now the app is prompting me to re-enter the transmitter and sensor codes. Well, I have the transmitter packaging with the code on it but not the sensor.

Does anyone know a current valid code I can use for a few days?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My consultant has just given me a Dexcom One and I used it for almost 24hrs before my phone app closed itself and I got an error message telling me to start a new session.

Now the app is prompting me to re-enter the transmitter and sensor codes. Well, I have the transmitter packaging with the code on it but not the sensor.

Does anyone know a current valid code I can use for a few days?
Hi urbanracer

I am dexcom one user. The codes are unique to each sensor and transmitter. I can give you the ones I am using but I do not think they will work. Not if Dexcom are available on Sundays. They would be the best people to help here. Good luck here

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi urbanracer

I am dexcom one user. The codes are unique to each sensor and transmitter. I can give you the ones I am using but I do not think they will work. Not if Dexcom are available on Sundays. They would be the best people to help here. Good luck here
Hi @h884

The transmitter code may be unique but I don't think the sensor is ...

1696161229154.png

These must be batch coded because they are making tens of thousands of them and they only have 4 digits to play with. Plus the same sensor is used for ONE, G6 and G7.

I am assuming that if one uses one's smartphone to enter a code that it is instantly cross checked with Dexcom's servers but I cannot find any valid info on the internet and all the codes suggested no longer work. There are even some suggestions that it's possible to start a session with 0000 but it's not working on my phone.

Dexcom's tech support does not work at weekends

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @h884

The transmitter code may be unique but I don't think the sensor is ...

View attachment 63442

These must be batch coded because they are making tens of thousands of them and they only have 4 digits to play with. Plus the same sensor is used for ONE, G6 and G7.

I am assuming that if one uses one's smartphone to enter a code that it is instantly cross checked with Dexcom's servers but I cannot find any valid info on the internet and all the codes suggested no longer work. There are even some suggestions that it's possible to start a session with 0000 but it's not working on my phone.

Dexcom's tech support does not work at weekends
Hi urbanracer. I had not noticed this. The code on the sensor I am using is 7539. Good luck

Reactions: urbanracer

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @urbanracer , it might be worth joining one of the Dexcom groups on Facebook and ask your question there. I found Fb groups very helpful with practical questions like this.
Good luck!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi urbanracer. I had not noticed this. The code on the sensor I am using is 7539. Good luck
Thanks, I'll try it when I get home from work and let you know if it works.
I spoke to Dexcom this morning and they have refused to replace the sensor on the grounds that it's a trial pack from the hospital and I didn't pay for it so therefore it's not under warranty.

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe give the hospital a ring and ask what codes are on any sensors they have in, as they may match yours. Worth a shot anyway.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
they have refused to replace the sensor on the grounds that it's a trial pack from the hospital and I didn't pay for it so therefore it's not under warranty.
In that case it should be under warranty if the hospital calls it in.
I'd contact the hospital, they gave you a product, product didn't work, perhaps they should give you a replacement if they want you to use the product.

Reactions: EllieM

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I used your code and first time it told me sensor had failed.
Then it was asking me to log in to my dexcom account so I did this and went through the start new sensor routine and it's telling me it's 'warming up'.
So we will see what happens in 2 hrs time!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Antje77

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sounds promising. Hope the sensor warms up and works
YES ! It's been working overnight but there's an issue with calibration. At this point, I am assuming that the sensor code somehow identifies sensor calibration data to the transmitter.
It is showing blood glucose levels at twice the level of finger prick results. BUT it appears to be consistent so I can kinda live with it - although I obviously can't use it for 'lows' because it's always reading high.

Thanks again,
Urb'

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning Urb

At least you now have the sensor working albeit not accurately.

I have tried to calibrate mine without success. I cannot enter blood glucose values in the app. The current sensor is reasonably accurate though. About 1 mmol out

wes.w

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
At least you now have the sensor working albeit not accurately.

I have tried to calibrate mine without success. I cannot enter blood glucose values in the app. The current sensor is reasonably accurate though. About 1 mmol out

I finally got the android version on 13th October. See my post here for a few comments on the update and the Dexcom site instructions.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I finally got the android version on 13th October. See my post here for a few comments on the update and the Dexcom site instructions.
Yes my phone has updated too.

I had 5 tries at calibration before the device actually started giving me some sensible readings.

It is currently about 2mmol higher than actual blood measurements and I've just calibrated again to see what happens.

I have restarted my sensor for a 2nd session but I'm having problems keeping it attached now and am using a hotch potch mess of surgical tape around the edges. I think it will probably fail within 24 to 48 hrs.

Tonto73

You need to calibrate 2 x. I cheat and do one finger stick and enter the same number 2x. Then the numbers match and stay aligned for the day till pre-bed calibration.

I’m using a G5 transmitter with a DexcomOne sensor. Just don’t enter the calibration code “skip code” and it works fine.