Diabetes and Flatulence.

Llinz04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else experience any bad stomach ache?! I've been T1 since 2 years now and just recently been having stomach aches, or it could be trapped wind?! Its gone so bad that it's affecting me in everyday life.

Anyone else know how to get rid of it?! :s

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Irritable bowel Syndrome? I'm not a doctor however. I have similar symptoms and have bought Buscopan but haven't used it yet. Charcoal tablets are useful but you have to take a lot to be effective.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Have you discussed the stomach aches with your Dr, if not then I suggest you do so as it's obviously effecting your quality of life.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Irritable bowel Syndrome? I'm not a doctor however. I have similar symptoms and have bought Buscopan but haven't used it yet. Charcoal tablets are useful but you have to take a lot to be effective.
google IBS and LCHF

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone else experience any bad stomach ache?! I've been T1 since 2 years now and just recently been having stomach aches, or it could be trapped wind?! Its gone so bad that it's affecting me in everyday life.

it is wind or it could be wind?
I'd get it checked out either way, there are reasons for a stomach ache that hangs around.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate

If you haven't been tested ask about Coeliac disease. Hope you find some answers.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I am not going to diagnose you in a forum. However I have had plenty of flatulence or in lay term farting lol. Sometimes it's just your diet, fizzy carbonated juice or a digestive disorder. Get checked out. I have bowel disease and needed surgery and seems to have sorted the pumping out. Take care and see your GP as this can be very embarrassing.

Llinz04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I literally just started drinking green tea the day after i posted this. It solved the problem straight away!!

Drink green tea people!

Reactions: 2 people