Diagnosed with moderate osteoarthritis

lis@41

Hello, I am really struggling at the moment trying to get my pain under control with my knee. I don't know what medication is best, tried ibuprofen but upsets my stomach, cocodamol zonks me out. Any suggestions to help me please? Thank you

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m in a similar position. Instead of ibuprofen I take Gastro Resistant Naproxen and Esomeprazole. The GR type is less likely to upset my stomach and Esomeprazole (a PPI or proton pump inhibitor) protects my stomach. These are both prescription only, so may be worth a trip to your GP?

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve followed these exercises from this guy as I have bone on bone osteoarthritis and a meniscus tear In my knee. It’s really helped. He’s done lots of videos all of which I recommend.

Reactions: lis@41 and Antje77

lis@41

I’m in a similar position. Instead of ibuprofen I take Gastro Resistant Naproxen and Esomeprazole. The GR type is less likely to upset my stomach and Esomeprazole (a PPI or proton pump inhibitor) protects my stomach. These are both prescription only, so may be worth a trip to your GP?
Hi I take Lansoperazole have for years. Tried naproxen and had like cutting pains in my stomach. Could ask doctor about the GR type thank you

• Friendly
Reactions: Rachox