Disabled people.

Kim Killone

Just joined. Didn't know there was this page.what about disabled who also have diabetise and may not be able to administer insulin why is there not more help or maybe I'm looking in wrong place.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Kim Killone said:
Just joined. Didn't know there was this page.what about disabled who also have diabetise and may not be able to administer insulin why is there not more help or maybe I'm looking in wrong place.

Hi Kim I dont know any disabled diabetics myself, but it must be pretty upsetting and frustrating not being able to administer your own medication. I would talk to your doctor about geeting help. Or call Adult social services and find if you qualify for help, you certainly sound as though you do(I'm assuming its you, but it doesn't matter who its for, help should be available) obviously on individual merit. I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Take care with best wishes RRB

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depending on the type of disabilty, some gadgets might help, instead of needing another person to adminster insulin and test blood glucose eg if poor sight is the problem, there are insulin pens which click so you can count the number of units you dial up, plus there are blood glucose meters which have large screen numbers or which talk; if hand dexterity is the issue, then there are plastic pieces which can be attached to insulin pens which make them easier to hold and dial up and inject.