Type 2 Do I really have diabetes ?

Saiganga9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Friends,

I am Male and 30 Years old, and have no family history of Diabetic

Since one month i am suffering from dry cough, and after consulting Pulmonologist without he doing proper diagnosis he had given Medrol 16 Mg 2 tablets per a day which is a sterodi drug for 7 days which i taken and found no results, and then i consulted another Doctor and went for a Throught swap test and found that i had a infection on my throught and taking relevant anti biotech tablets and feeling little better.

Now when i check my Sugar levels its not as expected, its above 250 after food, consulted Diabetics doctor and he prescribed Gluconorm-G for few days

Now my worry is am i really attacked with Diabetic or diabetic came to be by taking steroids and due to infection?

And I am not experiencing any symptoms of Diabetic

Can some only kindly help me to give some suggestions

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
One symptom of diabetes is high blood sugar, so it's not true that you have no symptoms. Other symptoms don't necessarily show up until blood sugar has been high for a prolonged period of time. Steroids can result in type 2 diabetes. Infections can temporarily raise blood sugar levels. If you ate a lot of carbohydrates and have an infection, 250 an hour or so after you eat is not necessarily due to diabetes. Once you're over the infection, get tested again for diabetes. Of course continue to seek medical care from a doctor as my advice is not medical advice, just my opinions based on my knowledge as a type 2 diabetic.

Reactions: 5 people

Saiganga9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Thank you,

I have been taking Glycomet 250 from 90 Days and on 91th day i did my HBA1C and it is 6
So iam wonder if i can quit the taking Glycomet 250 for 10 Days and check my Sugar level with one touch and see the results?
If the results are in normal then i can confirm that i do not have Diabetic and stop taking any medicine for Diabetic?

Would someone kindly advise me?

regards/Ganga

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have good control you may be able to discuss with your GP to come off your meds to see how you go. Im technically no longer a diabetic but I will always have diabetes so while you may be able to get your diabetes into remission you will always have it.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You should probably discuss the HbA1c test result with the health professional who undertook the test for you, and told you the result.

They should be able to confirm or not your diagnosis.