Dr. changed my needles

andrewkerr91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The sad thing about the whole situation is. They are trying to save money by Cutting back on costs by prescribing these cheap and nasty ones. But they fail to see the bigger picture that people will end up damaging there body's or worse still having poor control of there diabetes. It really does make me sick. I have nothing but trouble with my doctors always trying to change my needles and I've had them try and change my tester before. Hope you get It sorted.

GJ300

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting we had the same problem. I got on well with microfine and now on Braun I think? The needles are not as sharp, they do not have the original needle cap that protects you when putting on / putting off the needle to the pen. I asked doctors to revert me back and they simply said no. Very frustrated and to be honest s little angry that no consultation has taken place before this move. Exactly as one of the comments mentioned it's all to cut costs.

The other day the needle protruded through the applicator cap and stabbed me in the finger as I was trying to remove the needle from the pen.

I've also got bruises occurring and irritation as a result - seriously hacked off with the doctors and haven't had the patience to challenge yet but I think I will now.

smithyxxx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just a quick response my chemist has reported the needles and a rep is picking them up for inspection after they had several complaints,my doctors clinic has not confirmed if they will change them back yet,but the chemist has agreed to supply the BD needles for now until I hear from them.I had a quick read of the response on here and note a lot of people are not using a BD safe clip which cuts a used needle off before replacing the safety cap,I also spoke to a friend who knew nothing of the BD safe clip and regularly stabs his fingers replacing the caps on used needles,these clips are available on prescription or can be bought for a couple of pounds they will last for ages cutting hundreds of needles off and make them safe.google BD safe clip.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Giving details to a rep or items is not reporting the details to the MHRA. This can just be dealt with internally. The chemist and or gp or yourself are obliged to report the occurences to MHRA. Your GP is fsiling in his duty of care to patients if he doesn't.