eBay Test Strips

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Despite meeting all the NICE requirements my GP has yet to agree to me getting a decent supply of test strips so I'm having to buy my own off eBay until I persuade him to see the light.

I thought it might be useful to name the two suppliers I've used so far who delivered exactly what was advertised within a few days of purchase for other victimised Type 2's.

So far I spent £45 pounds for 200 One Touch Ultra test strips with use by dates in 2013 from seller rmf1964 + another £44 pounds for another 200 One Touch Ultra test strips again with a 2013 use by date from seller tilly_69.

Feeling guilty about me having to spend £90 Mr GP I doubt it :x

If anyone knows a cheaper supply route I'm all ears.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd say that was about the price they go for as I use those strips too.`I stocked up a little while ago. I manage to get a box every 4 months out of my GP, so 150 a year.

I recently ran out of test strips and purchased some from my local chemist. They sell them at BNF book price and do not make a profit on them. I think I paid about £30 give or take. Talk to your local chemist, they may be willing to help.
Good luck with your GP
X

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
have just posted something about this in the Newly Diagnosed area of forum, as i too was charged almost £28 for 50, from Lloyds, so ended up ringing around all chemists and could not find any cheaper, only MORE expensive.

I then contacted manufacturers of my meter, and asked WHY they charge SO much, and got a nice reply, informing me they charge £15, and have no control over the mark-up added by chemists/retailers. They offered to supply me direct, at £15, half the price of 'over the counter'. Still to expensive for me personally, but at least it might help some people.

:)

Nikkig

World Hereafter said:
Hi,
have just posted something about this in the Newly Diagnosed area of forum, as i too was charged almost £28 for 50, from Lloyds, so ended up ringing around all chemists and could not find any cheaper, only MORE expensive.

I then contacted manufacturers of my meter, and asked WHY they charge SO much, and got a nice reply, informing me they charge £15, and have no control over the mark-up added by chemists/retailers. They offered to supply me direct, at £15, half the price of 'over the counter'. Still to expensive for me personally, but at least it might help some people.

:)

I am very interested in the manufacturer offering to supply - which one is it please? I hate to think how much I have spent on strips since diagnosis 6 months ago , well over £300 :shock:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Nikkig said:
I am very interested in the manufacturer offering to supply - which one is it please? I hate to think how much I have spent on strips since diagnosis 6 months ago , well over £300 :shock:

The last time I had an e-mail quote from MyLife the delivered price was £14 per 50.
http://www.mylife-diabetescare.co.uk.

Ypsomed Ltd.
Blackwood Hall Business Park
North Duffield, Selby, North Yorks YO8 5DD

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Nikkig said:

hi :)

of course, it's Abbott, for the Freestyle Lite monitor. Hope that helps! I'm sure other manufaturers must be in similar postion though!